Did You Know…
NFCC assists families with emergency need who live in Fulton County, north of the Chattahoochee River, namely Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Milton. We are able to do this only because of the great support we get from our partners: area churches, civic groups, business, individuals and families.
• Currently, we see over 100 families per day for food and/or financial assistance.
• Food Pantry: NFCC distributes 9 tons of food and staple goods each week. Over 23,238 family food distributions were made in 2010.
• Financial Assistance: In 2010, NFCC provided $1,139,425 in financial assistance and assisted 5,339 families. This is direct aid for rent, utilities, medical expenses, transportation and other basic needs on an emergency basis. NFCC’s case management team provides assessment, on-going support and follow up for families receiving financial assistance.
• Thrift Shop: NFCC’s on-site Thrift Shop serves hundreds of families with their clothing, household goods and furniture needs. In 2010, 2300 families qualified for clothing vouchers, while others paid nominal prices. The Thrift Shop is also open to the public seven days a week and income from retail sales supports NFCC’s operating expenses.
• Family Enrichment Program: The Family Enrichment Program is an educational program established in 2010 that offers workshops and life skills classes in the areas of job readiness, GED tutoring, financial and computer literacy and ESOL. This free program is open to the public with the goal of helping families move toward self-sufficiency and financial stability. This program also supports families and children with holiday assistance, backpacks filed with school supplies, winter coats and other seasonal needs.